The History of Our Chapter
The Beta Delta Chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta was established on October 11, 1947.
The History of Our Organization
Alpha Gamma Delta was officially founded on May 30, 1904 at the home of Dr. Wellesley Perry Coddington, a professor at Syracuse University who was instrumental in the early development of Alpha Gamma Delta. Each of the Fraternity's 11 founders were progressive women who selflessly contributed to the foundation and growth of Alpha Gamma Delta. Since their founding, collegiate chapters have been installed at 188 colleges and universities across North America and more than 160,000 women have become Alpha Gam sisters. Alpha Gamma Deltas are impacting their communities and contributing to the world's work.
Alpha Gamma Delta's flower is the red and buff rose with green asparagus plumosa fern. Their jewel is the Pearl and their mascot is the Squirrel.
Alpha Gamma Delta has made a commitment to academic excellence for the individual and the chapter. The Fraternity has set goals to ensure that academic achievement remains a priority. The Strive for Pi program recognizes all member and chapters that obtain a 3.14 or higher grade point average.