The History of Our Chapter
The Alpha Omicron Chapter of Lambda Chi Alpha was established on May 12, 1917. The Alpha Omicron chapter built their current house in 1925 and has initiated more than 2,000 members.
The History of Our Organization
Lambda Chi Alpha was founded on November 2, 1909 at Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts. On this day, Warren A. Cole, Percival C. Morse, and Clyde K. Nichols all met and swore allegiance to the new fraternity. In 1912, Warren A. Cole wrote to a student, Lewis Drury, at Massachusetts Agricultural College asking for the names of the Greek-letter fraternities and the names of two men not in a fraternity. Drury expressed interest in the fraternity and helped expand the fraternity into what it is today.
The most prominent symbol of Lambda Chi Alpha can be found in their fraternity logo. The symbol, a cross and crescent, has the words “a lifetime of true brotherhood” on it. Other symbols of the fraternity are the colors purple, green, and gold, fraternal flower is the white rose, and their mascot is the Lion Rampant.
The TRUE Brother Initiative is a comprehensive development program that benefits new members, initiated members, and alumni of Lambda Chi Alpha. There are three main components of the TRUE Brother Initiative that reflect the stage at which a member of Lambda Chi Alpha is currently experiencing: the Outer Circle, the Inner Circle and the Mastery Circle. Below, each stage is explained.