The History of Our Chapter
The Indiana Beta chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon was founded on June 6, 1931. Since then, the chapter has built a reputation as a premier student organization at Indiana University. They take pride in what they have accomplished at IU and hope to continue distinguishing themselves through academics, leadership, and their balanced approach to college life.
The History of Our Organization
Sigma Phi Epsilon was founded at Richmond College (now the University of Richmond) on November 1, 1901. Today, the fraternity has more than 290,000 lifetime members, including 15,000 undergraduates at over 250 chapters. Sigma Phi Epsilon is currently the largest college fraternity.
The fraternity symbol of Sigma Phi Epsilon is the Golden Heart and their flower is the violet and dark red rose. Three colors represent Sigma Phi Epsilon: purple, red, and gold.
The Sigma Phi Epsilon Foundation offers several scholarships to the brothers of the fraternity. The scholarships are intended to support academic achievement and encourage excellence. The foundation also offers loans to enable brothers to pursue degrees. Generous alumni who continue to give back and support SigEp mostly fund the foundation.