The History of Our Chapter
Established in 1926, over 1,800 men have joined the Beta Chapter.
The History of Our Organization
Sigma Pi was founded in 1897. The original name of the fraternity was Tau Phi Delta before changing its name 1907 to Sigma Pi. To date, Sigma Pi currently has 124 active chapters and 5 colonies.
The fraternity symbol of Sigma Pi is the Owl. The colors of the fraternity are lavender and white with gold as an auxiliary color and the fraternity flower is the Lavender Orchid. The fraternal mission statement is “To advance man’s quest for excellence.”
The Sigma Pi Foundation was established to help award the brothers of the Sigma Pi fraternity. Due to the increasing tuitions, students have been relying more on student loans and increased work loads, resulting in unnecessary stress. As a result of this, the Sigma Pi Foundation was established to help fund its brothers’ college experiences to help their members remain competitive both in the Greek Community and in school.